Monday

Super Bowl

  
A man from Plano just completed what is likely to become the World Record for consecutive bowling, at the very same place that I used to go bowling as a kid!

Stephen Shanabrook, a 24-year-old former middle school teacher from Plano bowled consecutively over a period that lasted five days at Plano Super Bowl, a bowling alley that is open 24-hours of the day.  Shanabrook took part in the event to raise funds for several charities, including Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the SPCA, and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Plano Super Bowl was a regular hot-spot for birthday parties and youth group events growing up outside Dallas.  While I never came close to considering bowling for five days straight, I did enjoy bowling there with friends, and I'm proud to say that although I never bested Shanabrook's top score of 198, I did manage to always bowl above 5 - Shanabrook's lowest score during his record-breaking feat of endurance.

To read more about the event, click here.

No comments: